Computer Mouse Heading for Extinction

Hey we ALL thought Bob Barker was going to stay with The Price Is Right....

Anyways, a Wii-mote on a PC would be useless....

Where do these people come up with this? I mean really, they think the mouse will be gone, but the keyboard is here to stay? Cmon, if anything it's the other way around. Voice rec. has come a long way, but it's not going to move a mouse cursor.

Reminds me of when I kept hearing that the PC was going to bring about a paperless society. I had several teachers try to tell me that my generation was going to be the last generation to use paper in school. I think we all know what happed to those predictions.

In other news, cars will fly by the 1990s.

Actually flying cars were slated to happen in the 80's along with a 3 day work week that netted you the same amount of salary while dedicating the rest of your life to leisure. Yeah, they sure got that right. I'd like to find the futurists who made this bullshit up and kick all of them in the fucking nuts.

the mouse has 5 years huh? haha fuck that. I'll probably still be gaming on my Mx518.

like everyone else here...no
Large touchpads, like the wacom drawing stuff maybe but that is as far as I am willing to go the next 5
the only thing I can see fully replacing the mouse would be eye recognition from the screen , since putting ON something just to browse, would be too annoying, even then I don't look straight ahead at my screen so that would be another problem

In about -25 hours, Gartner Consulting will lose a lot of credibility.

How's that for a prediction?

touchscreens=screens with greasy fingerprints ...
Not to mention the possible accumulation of "other stuff" on some screens. :eek:
They had better come up with some good disposable wipes for cleaning the screens then.
I'll stop there and let your imaginations fill in the rest. :p

... :cool:

Not to mention the possible accumulation of "other stuff" on some screens. :eek:
They had better come up with some good disposable wipes for cleaning the screens then.
I'll stop there and let your imaginations fill in the rest. :p

... :cool:

Oh you mean like geeks eatting Cheetos and touching the screen? :D

Yes, I knew what you were really talking about lol

These "Brilliant" people have obviously never played FPS at a competitive level.
Mouse > all

That's like the trackball and touch pads replacing the mouse and you can forget about voice recognition as no one wants to wake up their significant other yelling at the screen " take me to spread pussy .com right now for fuck sakes" at one o'clock in the morning.

That's like the trackball and touch pads replacing the mouse and you can forget about voice recognition as no one wants to wake up their significant other yelling at the screen " take me to spread pussy .com right now for fuck sakes" at one o'clock in the morning.

or when you're at work and your boss is approaching.. "activate boss mode!" to hide your games and all. Your boss would look at you suspiciously.. "boss mode?" and look at your computer and goes "deactivate boss mode"

oops.

I predict that the floppy drive will live as long as the computer mouse does...you know...seeing as they predicted the floppy drive would be gone by the mid to late 90's, I still need it to load my SATA drivers on XP when I have to reload the system.

I predict that the floppy drive will live as long as the computer mouse does...you know...seeing as they predicted the floppy drive would be gone by the mid to late 90's, I still need it to load my SATA drivers on XP when I have to reload the system.

one word: nLite.

Back