Computer Lockups.

JKownz

[H]ard|Gawd
Didn't know where to post this or if this is the right area but..here goes. Randomly sometimes once sometimes none at all I get total computer freezes. Not a blue screen not a random restart a total freeze. I cannot move my cursor I can see the last image it was displaying. I cant do anything but just restart my computer. I am not OCing, everything is stock. Am water cooling my CPU and a 8800GTX. temps are 30-40C on CPU and 45-50 on Gpu. I have a 750 Watt Psu. I trying to figure out what it is. 80% of the time it is happening in games. I don't know if its a Hard drive issue a heat problem. Because I got plenty of circulation in my computer. I have a Silverstone TJ09. Gpu for water cooling is just the Gpu alone memory on gpu is being cooled by heat sinks. I just cant figure out what's the problem. If anyone knows how to figure it out or anything I will be grateful :p

The only time I have ever experienced a system "freezing" was while running Ubuntu 7.04, Compiz running and a screen resolution set higher than the hardware could handle. I stepped the resolution down a bit and that solved the problem.

My guess is that your video card is overheating as the symptoms seem to occur (typically) while gaming. Try lowering your game settings and see if that helps....I realize that your temps seem to be ok, but I still think that trying lower settings is worth a shot.

That's all I can come up with.

FYI: i had a weird problem over the past week. i notice when i was playing any game, within 20 minutes of play time my computer would freeze. i thought it was psu problem, a driver problem or heat problem. but my cpu never pass 55c and my gpu never pass 75c. all hd are cool by a 120mm fan but i did check the temp and they never pass 35c.

the only i change I made was I added two dvd burner. i got a bit frustrated as to what the problem was. i reformat both 74 gb and 160gb. i switch the os to the raptor drive.

old setup:
160 gb for os
74 gb for game
200 for storage

new setup:
74 gb for os
160 gb for game
200 gb for storage.

i notice when i was doing some work, the 160gb hd disappear. i check in the bios and it is there. log back in and i notice it is there but after a while it disappear. i check the admin- computer manager and the 160gb hd is noy there. what i did was change the sata cable and use a different sata power cable. The last few days it been okay.

JKownz,

Sounds like a video driver issue to me. I had a couple of games from the same company the would freeze when things started to get complicated/fast. Got an updated video driver and things went smoothly. You might try posting this in the Gaming area to see if they can help!
Good Luck!

Back