Computer keeps restarting...

The Realyst

Limp Gawd
My moms computer keeps restarting. The only OS I seem to be able to get on it is 98SE. When I try to install XP, I get up to the actual installing part and it with either restart, or i'd get a blue screen with a bunch of info. But it's seems that every time I get that blue screen, it's a information it's giving me. Even when 98 was on the machine, it would restart on it's own a lot. What can it be? Any info will help cause I'll try anything. This is the mobo I'm working with here. It's fairly new. Any other specs you need, lemme know. Thanks in advance for you guys help.

Ok, I'll try that. But right now, there's no OS on this computer so, lemme put one on and I'll post what happens.

check the Capacitors on your mom's motherboard, see if they are leaking, it happened on my friends Aptiva and caused this kind of issues.

for reference:
A Capacitor is a battery shapped thing usually close to the processor

A leaking Capacitor has a white or orange flaky gunk on it, if you search for leaking capacitors, you should find some pictures.

Thanks guys. Found the problem. The ram isn't compatible with the mobo. I took the ram out of my computer and put it in my moms and it worked fine. Got XP and everything on there. Now she gets to cough up anothe $75 so she can get the same ram I have.

Back