Computer Instability, Can someone identify the problem?

Hello everyone.

I've been doing my normal things such as browsing the internet, until a couple days back, where after a period of 10 or so minutes of playing Overwatch, I am now getting random green artifacts with the computer completely freezing soon afterwards. I have been able to play Overwatch for hours at a time and I've never had this problem before. Here's a screenshot I captured, before it crashed on me one time.

5kj6cdD.jpg

It has even now gotten to the point where it has sometimes refused to boot up in normal mode, with the screen looking like this.

kNCljxF.jpg

At first I thought it was because it was it was overheating, So I cleaned out the dust as best I could. Having done so, it idles on the desktop around 41-47C (depending whether or not I have Firefox/other desktop programs open or not), with it going up to 71C while playing Overwatch. Which when I checked seem to be in reasonable range for a card like mine.

I've had this computer for about six years now.

Here are my System Specs:

Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LX
CPU - Intel Core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 1280MB (At Stock Speeds, No Overclocking) Currently on 320.85 drivers, originally was on 391.35, but downgraded to a previous version believing it would fix it, it hasn't.
Sound Card - Asus Xonar DG
PSU - XigmaTek NRP-PC702 (700W)
RAM - 8GB

Can anyone identify my problem please?

Seems like either a dying GPU or power supply. Do you have another video card you can test with?

Seems like either a dying GPU or power supply. Do you have another video card you can test with?
I don't have another card to test it with sorry.

I did have another crash, This time I was using 3DMark Vantage to test the card and having GPU-Z to log down the data.

Here's the sensor log from start to finish.

Edit: Ok I've just gotten red horizontal lines appearing on the screen with the computer crashing soon after, all subsequent boot ups are now showing those red lines (Sorry for the picture quality)

8Z9cfl4.jpg

As a precaution I've now switched off the computer.

Attachments

• GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    230.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Take it from me, the checkerboard of death means that GTX 570 is toast. I've had 3 of them die on me in the same fashion. EVGA learned from their mistake and finally sent me a GTX 960 instead of a 4th 570. Hopefully you have a EVGA card with the life time warranty.

Back