• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer getting hotter. need advice

Max-Powers

Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
558
I have had my computer for a while and it usually idles at 36-37. 39-41 with load with my room at 67f, which is what I kept it at. I am in an army barracks, and the heater has been turned on for the winter, so I can’t get my room below 72f. Now my computer is running at 45-48. I watch sage TV, and it starts to studded when it gets hot. It doesn’t take much to get it hot. I have a zalman 7000cu on my athlon 64 4000.
 
make sure you have good ventilation in your case as well, intake and exhaust fans. 72f is not that hot, its always that warm or warmer here summer and winter in the house.
 
the zalman7000 isnt that great of a heatsink. with that said i recommend you do what the others said (check the air flow and make sure the fans are working) and clean the filters (if you have any) if that doesnt work try reapplying the arctic silver 5
 
Back
Top