Computer Freezes When Playing Music

EliteForces

Limp Gawd
Alright i didnt noe where to put this so i put it here. I just upgraded my computer a bit ago and ever since then ive been having problems of the computer freezing completely after liek 2 minutes of playing a song. It freezes and a loud beeping noise comes from the speakers whihc i am just guessing is the music. And then when i restart it it wont restart itll just be a black screen but when i turn the computer off completly for liek 20 seconds everything powers up fine. Nothing else makes this happen because if i dont play music i can keep the computer running day and night without a single problem.

My specs :

Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe
AMD Socket AM2 4200+
2 x 1GB Kingston Ram
XFX Nvidea 7300GT
Maxtor Sata 500GBV HD

if a different media player doesnt work, you could also test your harddrive to see if its running ok.

ive tried a different media player; itunes, windows media nothing works....and how would i go about and testing my hard drive...ive installed sata drivers when i installed windows xp

if none of that works then i have another idea for ya

dont play yer music. if it happens with all your songs, i would look into the media player, perhaps a plugin which crashes. if not that.,.. try updatingthe soundcard drivers

Probably a sound card issue. Maybe IRQ conflict... though this rarely comes up anymore. Look in the BIOS for an option like "Clear ESCD" or similar. That may sort it out. When you start Windows after choosing that it will redetect all your hardware and /should/ find the drivers itself without issue. If it still crashes then, you may have a hardware problem or a more complex conflict. Also consider moving the sound card to a different PCI slot if possible.

If you are using a sound card, try removing it and using on-board, see if that clears it up.

i try using onboard but i get a could not find hda audio drivers so i cant install onboard audio i will try the other things and report back thanks guys this is really making me mad cuz i love to listen to music

Back