• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer freezes when I put SD card in

3991vhtes

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
1,053
Well I have an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, running XP Media Center Edition 2005. It has a built in card reader, and whenever I plug my 1GB PNY SD card in, my computer freezes and locks up. When I eject it, my computer runs normal again.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.
 
Try installing the SD card readers drivers/software again. If that doesn't work it might be a hardware problem.
 
Turns out it's a faulty SD card. Got a new one yesterday, and it works like a charm. :) :(
 
Back
Top