Computer crashes in DR2

DarkStar02

2[H]4U
So I just bought a video card (GTX 275) off a guy on craigslist. I only have 2 games at the moment but whenever I play Dead Rising 2 I can play for a little then my computer crashes. At first it would just freeze completely where I couldn't ctrl+alt+delete or alt+f4 or anything and I'd have to hold the power button to reset my computer. I just tried playing it again and this time it restarted my computer. My specs are in my sig, I don't think it's a PSU problem. Also, I've sunk about 4 or 5 hours into Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and it hasn't frozen or crashed at all. I googled around but haven't found anybody with a similar problem. Any idea on what might be causing this?

Sounds like an unstable CPU unlock perhaps.
edit: just noticed the GPU is a new install. Is more likely a faulty card.

Sounds like an unstable CPU unlock perhaps.
edit: just noticed the GPU is a new install. Is more likely a faulty card.
Turned out to be an unstable CPU unlock I think. I flashed the BIOS back to regular and played for like an hour last night without crashing.

Right ok, my hunch was correct then :) AMD CPU unlocks are a great idea, but I see too many people rave about how good they are and suffer these stability issues that they don't understand. Seems obvious to me where they're coming from :p

Back