• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Computer crashed and HDD is not longer recognized

Crimson Tear

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
337
As the title says, I had to force my computer to restart after I installed Planetside and it screwed everything up. After rebooting, my storage drive is no longer in MyComputer. When I had to shut down the computer the only thing that should have been using any data from that drive was iTunes. Any way this might be recoverable?

Note: I haven't done anything to trouble shoot or screw around with it as I'd rather have the drive in the condition it was when it first crashed so you guys might be able to help me out more effectively.

Thanks for any help you can provide, I'll appreciate it.
 
take a peek in Disk manager and see if it shows up in there. Is it seen in the BIOS?
 
The HDD is not shown in either the Device Manager or the BIOS. Any ways I can try to recover the data?
 
if you cannot detect it in the BIOS, there is a very slim chance that you'll get anything off it without goint to the professionals.

You could try the "PCB swap" option, if it still spins up. Not that I would recommend it. if the data on it is important, you should consider professional recovery, before thinking about the PCB swap option...
 
so are you just going to RMA it?

BTW.: you did check the cables, did you not?
 
Yeah, checked the cables, no joy there.

I guess RMA is the only option I have right? Is there still a way to recover the harddrive itself?
 
Back
Top