Long time lurker, first time poster...
Our HTPC croaked and for some reason took the drives with it. The drives are mechanically fine, but I'm not having success recoving the data on them.
The setup (in hindsight a bit too creative), was two drives with two partitions each to make two volumes, one striped (raid 0), one mirrored (raid 1). My expectation was that in the event of a failure, I'd lose everything on the stripe, but recover anything off the mirror.
Of course, that didn't happen. The raid 0 is gone as expected. The raid 1 partition is there, but can't be accessed. Disk Manager shows the file system as RAW.
Using search, I found recommendations for GetDataBack for NTFS. Does this sound like an appropriate tool, and are there any others to try before I cough up money for recovery services?
I promise, next time I'll be a forum giver, instead of a taker.
Our HTPC croaked and for some reason took the drives with it. The drives are mechanically fine, but I'm not having success recoving the data on them.
The setup (in hindsight a bit too creative), was two drives with two partitions each to make two volumes, one striped (raid 0), one mirrored (raid 1). My expectation was that in the event of a failure, I'd lose everything on the stripe, but recover anything off the mirror.
Of course, that didn't happen. The raid 0 is gone as expected. The raid 1 partition is there, but can't be accessed. Disk Manager shows the file system as RAW.
Using search, I found recommendations for GetDataBack for NTFS. Does this sound like an appropriate tool, and are there any others to try before I cough up money for recovery services?
I promise, next time I'll be a forum giver, instead of a taker.