• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Computer Cleaning

Briliu

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
269
Hi all, I took a look in my case yesterday to check exactly what RAM I had and, well, I'm ashamed to say thatit was VERY dirty. My CPU heatsink was almost completely blocked for air flow. I normally use canned air to blow it out a couple times a year, but that was in the old house with hardwood floors, this house has a carpet in the computer room. :(

So, I wanted to ask you all:
How do you keep your computers clean and how often you clean them?

I found this little thing on amazon (on sale for $44), but im not sure how effective it would be, or if it would be worth the money vs 6 cans of air for $22.
Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac 500-Watt 0.75-HP Electric Duster
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's a lot better idea than the unitasker thing I linked!

Did you catch it on sale when you got it for $20 or was it just cheaper back then.
 
I have a Metro Vac and wouldn't trade it for anything. It blows 2-3x stronger than canned air and you don't have to worry about moisture accumulation like you do with an air compressor.
 
A friend of mine runs a store and he bought a pallet of those little compressors and cut me a deal on one for cost. You should be able to find an equivalent unit for sale for about the same price. Just look for one that includes a hose and nozzle.
 
I must say that personally, I love my Metro DavaVac! Best thing I ever bought.
 
Back
Top