Computer burning blanks?

Sanfam

Limp Gawd
System stats:
Windows XP, Athlon XP 2200+, 1gb memory. Average of 400MB free on boot drive.
Samsung CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive (SM-332B)
Apps Tried: Nero 5.10.0, Nero 6, Alcohol 120%

Problem: CDs Burn successfully. They look to have data (visually). And if an application is looking for data on a CD, it will usually find it.

But here's the problem: They don't register as having any directory structore. There's nothing at all that appears there. When tried on another system, the disc also comes up blank. Is there a reason for this?

I'm confounded. I can't find anything really mentioned about this outside of one of the older HP 9000-series Drives. Any suggestions outside of "Trash it" are out.

Cheers!

If you arent going to post something relevant to the topic at hand, dont post anything at all...

-Mcseiam

Wow only 400mb free on your bootdrive. That is kind of low. The dell computers that I have at work have that CD-RW/DVD drive that you have. They are not that great, usually 2 or 3 out of every 10 have been replaced because of that reason that you are having. You could try to update the firmware, and also install the ASPI drivers.

Well, my free capacity generally rises and falls depending on how I allocate my files. I'll jump between 1.5 or 2 gb to just under a megabyte on occasion (usually because I just don't think about the sizes of my transfers :D

I'll investigate talking to samsung about it. I'd hope I'm not looking at replacing the burner, though.

Out of curiousity, is there a way to share a burner over a network and utilize it remotely? If so, the problem would be far easier to deal with in the short term.

Cheers

Back