Computer audio no longer stereo

I was adjusting my computer audio and noticed something strange. Not sure if has been this way for a while or just happened. When I click on the playback devices in the system tray, I can test the device (my speakers). It is supposed to play a bell sound, but mine only plays the second half of that bell sound. It's like there is supposed to be two tracks or stereo, but there is now only only one track. Any ideas how to fix this so I have both tracks again?

no longer in stereo?
NOW IT IS SURROUND SOUND!! (THX INTRO GOES OFF)

Hah.. sorry. First thing check your connection, speaker jacks are often di-pole so it could be your not getting a good connection. Unplug the cables and firmly attach them. After that.. check your balance slider.. do you have the sound going all the way to right or left?

Could even be your speaker. Plug into a different audio source.. same problem?

I assume you have installed the sounds utility for your audio is there a tick box for mono?

I found a video that has two audio tracks (as shown in Premiere Pro). I can hear the audio from both speakers, but it is only one of the two tracks.
what kind of setup are you dealing with, just a normal stereo speaker set? uninstall your sound drivers and update to the newest available from the maker, ie Realtek/sb.

Back