Computer Audio Challenge - SPDIF Input

PiratePowWow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
450
I want to be able to take a SPDIF signal (RCA cable), feed it into my computer and have the sound play on my speakers. Possible?



For those who are curious, I temporarily have my monitor attached to both my cable box and my computer. I want to use the SPDIF out on the cable box to get sound to play through my computer speakers. This is a temporary setup until I get a TV, so I'd rather not spend any money; I know I could just use a splitter and an RCA to mini-stereo cable.

I am using the onboard sound on my Asus A8N32-SLI mainboard. Thanks yall.
 
so... what about this situation isn't possible? does your cable box lack spdif? does your onboard lack spdif? im confused.
 
I haven't heard of any recent mobos that have SPDIF In, at least not for coaxial. If it's a temporary solution, you're probably better off just using an RCA to stereo to line-in or something in the meantime if you don't want to spend money.
 
I dunno about coax, but I'm pretty sure my Mobo has SPDIF RCA input.
 
My onboard has a SPDIF connector and I can select SPDIF as an input instead of Microphone... don't know if this helps
 
Back
Top