CompUSA Presario se1610nx $199AR

nice find. for those that dont feel like clicking

$199.99
SAVE $210 after:
$50.00 instant savings
$160.00 mail-in rebate(s)

If anyone wants that, better get on it quick because most of the deals only last 'till tomorrow otherwise its like $360.

LongShotHero said:
If anyone wants that, better get on it quick because most of the deals only last 'till tomorrow otherwise its like $360.

You have to pay $360 upfront though right? the $199 after the rebate?

FYI, s939 Semprons are OEM only and basically are Athlon 64s with half the cache. Makes for a good OC too=p

"The motherboard is so-called Amethyst-M, MSI MS-7184. Chipset is RS480 IGP. Can be overclocked using ClockGen (see original post for the link). I am running it in Dual Channel with 2x512 PC2700 Kingston KVR, and it runs great.

HP just released an updated BIOS for it too, check their support site when you get your machine.

My hard drive was a Seagate - but YMMV there. DVD/CDRW drive is extremely zippy - one of the fastest I saw when it comes to disk identification time.

The case has a socket for one 80mm fan in the back. There are no good places to attach a fan in the front, which is a missout for me - I use 2 hdds in it.

The power supply is a 235 or 265W PSU, with a 20-pin connector, even though motherboard is a 24-pin board. If you are planning to use a hungry PCIe card, you will likely need to replace the PSU. I will see how it holds up to the X800 when/if I receive it from Dell.

There are only 4 molex connectors, and 2 floppy connectors (though no floppy ). So I am already filled up with 2 optical drives (added a DVD-RW) and 2 hard drives (added a Maxtor from BF).

Another little drawback - I was unable to find where the thing sets the video buffer size, so I am guessing it's based on the amount of installed RAM - 64MB framebuffer for 1GB of RAM."

-- RedSolar @ SD

I was thinking of making my daugher her own machine. Might have to consider this instead.

Back