Compusa Midnight Madness

probally gonna suck. dont mean to flame, just being honest. especially when it comes to MIR

Yes martinje,please post up if there are any cool deals. :)

In CampUSSR you don't get the tax rebate. In CampUSSR the Rebates get you!

50-pack of DVD blanks (+ or -) for $10, not bad- CompUSA brand though, expect a few coasters most likely. Thanks!

fore1337 said:

That was great... I laughed like jesus.

I havent seen many good deals at the midnight madness. I think they're doing them too much. Plus the CUSA nearest me isn't in a neighborhood if I want to be in at midnight...

and with regard to the CompUSSR remark...

Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. "CompUSSR". You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside this forum before. Because that's what it says on the store right? Isn't it? "CompUSSR". And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult them in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. God you're so funny!

doormat said:
I havent seen many good deals at the midnight madness. I think they're doing them too much. Plus the CUSA nearest me isn't in a neighborhood if I want to be in at midnight...

Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. "CompUSSR". You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside this forum before. Because that's what it says on the store right? Isn't it? "CompUSSR". And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult them in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. God you're so funny!

Dude, your out like Michael J Fox in Jenga. Get the hell out and dont come back.

doormat said:

Dude...

I laughed at it even though the CompUSSR moniker is way overused. I laughed because it was a perversion of a great Family Guy quote (or two). Peter's car navigation system is voiced by "Yakov Smirnoff." At one point, the navigation system says: "In Soviet Russia, car drives you!" Later, the navigation system says, "Turn right at fork in road. In Soviet Russia, road forks you!"

In Soviet Russia, computer overclocks you!

These deals are absolutely laughable, plus didn't they get into loads of trouble and had to goto court kuz they weren't honoring Mail-In-Rebates?

great idea: "we'll throw a sale with shitloads of mail in rebates, but then we won't honor them, so its like not really a sale at all and we've just fucked all our customers in the ass"

-"great idea bob" :eek:

the Olevia 27" deal is back ... maybe this one is worth it ... I've never had any problem with rebate from them ... I already got the rebate for the P60 rebate a while back ...

True, there are several decent sale items here. Thanks OP, your thread didn't deserve to be crapped with those spurious, juvenile posts.

doormat said:

Dude, you don't seem like a very happy person. I guess ignorance ISN'T bliss...

Watch Family Guy more, talk less.

Cusa has had some really good sales before. This is not one of those sales.

However, I have had good luck using their blank DVD's.

doormat said:

This post = the lose.

didn't you guys hear that a judge in texas i think, ordered CompUSA to honor all mail in rebates for the next 15 years of something.....

doormat said:

wow.... it looks like someone forgot to take his/her medication this morning. :p

The quote was genius because it expresses Stewie's (from Family Guy's) hatred for played out, cliche terms. In the episode he mocks the term "You are the weakest link..goodbye" because it was almost as played out as the CompUSSR jokes. It was funny about 3 years ago...same ol people..same ol stupid cliches.

Yeah really. I think compUSSR is kind of well how we say behind the times. I mean Hello! the cold war is over.
It sould be CompBejing or something like CompAxisOfEvil or something like that now.
Come on lets get out of the 80's and step into the present time if you want to win the hearts of all of us again with lame @rse non-funny jokes.

I laughed @ the Stewie thing as well. Glad to see I am not the only one living a pathetic, meaningless, family guy rerun watching, life as well.

Looking at the PDF The deals I wouldn't say are that hot. None of them have a spectacular sale price and all of them require some form of rebate. Alot of the items aren't even that hot after rebate.

fore1337 said:

Tengis said:
That was great... I laughed like jesus.

I didn't... it would have been funnier this way;

In Soviet Russia, taxes file you!

But it's true... the CompUSSR jokes are so "last year". People really need to learn when to let things go... :p

Newsflash: Yakov Smirnov jokes are retarded as well, Family Guy or not.

Or perhaps I just read too many comments over at /.

As I browse through the pdf file, one notices that the apc surge protectors are onsale, but microcenter is already selling them at the sale price.

But I am watching this one, Compusa has a 256mb flash drive after instant rebates $19.99.

HeXeD said:
The quote was genius because it expresses Stewie's (from Family Guy's) hatred for played out, cliche terms. In the episode he mocks the term "You are the weakest link..goodbye" because it was almost as played out as the CompUSSR jokes. It was funny about 3 years ago...same ol people..same ol stupid cliches.
Thanks for explaining it, I guess most people here didn't get it (or get that the CompUSSR cliche has been around for 3-4 years now).

doormat said:

ROFL I love stewie.

edit: oh nm, someone else explained the stewie thing.

*well* sometimes the old jokes are the best jokes.

Back