CompTIA Net+

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I posted here a while ago.

I've read 19 of the 20 chapters, but on my pre test I failed miserably.

What I'd like to know is,
If I can't work for someone to get hands on experience, what other options do I have to learn the material? Do I just keep studying it, and do what I can on my home PC?

Or is there some sort of place that would let me practice, they get free work and I get experience?

Make a lab at home, best way to learn the stuff...besides having a job in the field.

Net+ isn't as involved as Cisco stuff.. think of the small office networking equipment they sell in office stores. Switches, wireless access points, routers.. I bet you already have half the gear in your house.

You read it but probably didn't take time to grasp the information.
Sounds like you're probably speed-reading.

+1 to adam30k.

Going to have to agree with Quikstrumental. Sounds like you didn't take the time to grasp the concepts and information. I am studying for Net+ and VCP (which is pretty helpful due to the synergy between concepts). Which book are you studying off of?

I am using the Network+ Exam Cram which is very catered towards the concepts on the test and give you a mini-quiz after each chapter, as well as 2 practice exams in book and a few on CD.

Most of the concepts were very SOHO, as opposed to business/enterprise. So any equipment you have in your house should be more than adequate to apply the concepts to.

Yes if you're having trouble with the reading treat it as a college course. Take notes as you read and make up flash cards. It involves a lot of time and I don't love doing it, but it works. I pasted an OSI model chart to my bathroom mirror.

Back