Compressing audio

Sky15

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 1, 2001
Messages
3,019
This is a newb question, but how d I compress a file through Audacity software? I recorded a 5 min clip, and it ended up being 27.8mb. That's pretty large for 5 min; considering we're going to record a 1:30-2hour show.

Thanks guys
 
I'm not sure on the software, but most recording programs that I've used only really output in .wav files. So I use some mp3 encoding software to convert the wav it outputs into a mp3.
 
Personally, I would record it in wav or directly encode it to FLAC, then convert it from there if I need to...but that's me :) I <3 flac.
 
any widespread format would be fine..your not going for extreme quality
"the second talker really needs to clean out his nose, while the host has no underwear" no...you really dont need that in a podcast

IMO of course :D
 
Back
Top