Complicated computer audio/speaker question...

Syxx676

n00b
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
35
I know this may not be the right place, but maybe you can help...? It's just for my new condo that I bought.

Ok... so I have my computer setup...
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5305/0001303cw1.jpg

The 2 cylinder speakers connect to the subwoofer unit (when music or loud noises are played, they light up). The subwoofer unit then has a remote that attaches to it and then an audio jack... which goes straight to my computer audio card (or monitor if I want my 360 to use the speakers).

Anyways, I have these 2 speakers in my ceiling (right behind my desk)...
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1012/celingex1.jpg

And the input for them are down a small hall, around the corner, in my bedroom...
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/197/wallij4.jpg

General question is... how can I get the sound from my computer to come out of both my light up computer speakers AND the ones in my ceiling?
Are there any form of connectors, speaker wire, converters... to make this possible? The only problem I see is the wall jacks are a different size (banana connectors?).
 
no way to source both of those with your sound card,your ceiling speakers need an amplifier to drive them and your pc speaker set sub can't do it
mini jack to rca adapter to hook your sound card to a stereo receiver than you could amplify your ceiling speakers but since your computer speaker set won't be compatible with the stereo receiver another set of speakers to station at the pc for sound in there
 
technical you could splice them into your existing setup. just run them in parallel to your existing speaker.

but like ta addict already said, the amp from your pc speakers isn't capable handling the additional load.

so you have 2 options imo:

1) you buy a small and cheap amp like the T-amp for the ceiling speakers and use a y-splitter to connect both amps. (your pc speakers and the t-amp)

2) you buy a amp with enough power to handle 4 speakers and connect the ceiling speakers to it and buy some decent bookshelf speakers for the pc and connect them to.

if you listen to alot of music i would go with option 2. you will be surprised how much better bookshelf speakers will sound compared to the 2.1 set.
 
Back
Top