Completed Pelt rig

Willsonman

[H]ard|Gawd
So I finally finished my first watercooling/extreme cooling rig. I only suffered one casualty.... a Radeon X800GTO^2. Leak tested fine but then I moved the hose a little and a few drips .... BAAAH. Then I removed the videocard and wiped it all down... let dry for HOURS. Booted up and WOAH NELLY I got all sorts of chaos. Worked for about 10 minutes then lots of colourful fuzz. SO found a good deal on the forums here... Thanks lgestle...and I am now swinging on the green team. Pics:

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

OK, so I had to use the dremel... for the first time ever... and cut the drive cage to get the second PSU to fit int he bay... after that it was a perfect fit. The LEDs light up the res great. The third aluminum fan would not fit in the middle of the rad so I managed to use some 80 grit sandpaper on the plastic one to get it to fit right. Also the rubber grommets I got would not let the hose fit through so I opted just to remove them altogether. I dont move my case ever so I'm not worried. Yes, I know the wires need to be managed a little better. I am still playing with the pelts and debating the GPU pelt. So wires will straggle for awhile.

So onto stats. I have the gpu un-overclocked idleing at -4C and 7C on load. CPU is at 20C on idle and 22C load at 2.9 ghz with 1.55 volts. It is just a rough OC right now. I just wanted to see what I could get right off the bat. It has been a fun build. Any suggestions or questions feel free to post.

looks excellent! one thing I might do is take the front power supply and back it up a couple inched and put the drive covers back on and then run the power coard out the back so you don't have it wraped around the front.
Either way, Get clocking and let us know what it does.

mm.. thought about someway to hide the second PSU but with 3 fans a pump an 80W pelt and a 320W pelt the PSU is pretty maxed and I need the air flow. It blows some pretty massive heat. only a 500W supply. I did look into mounting the plug for it into the back but then I would have a gaping hole where it used to be. I need a "cool" cover up for that. Still brainstorming on it but definately will do it later. Any suggestions?

Clocking of CPU is sadly only up to 2.916ghz (9x324) at 1.58V and memory running 2-3-2-5 1T timings. Still a great OC IMO. Idle temp is 2C and load is 18C I am only running the fans on slow so that may impact the delta. I wish that ASUS would release another BIOS with the voltage not so inhibited. The bios setting says 1.55 and the readout is 1.58 so I dunno. Just stinks because I would SOOOO give more voltage if I could. Oh, BTW the chip is nekked.

I have not been able to take my new 7600GT all the way but the stock speeds (for those who do not know) are core 580 and mem 375. At stock it idles at 1C and 7C on load. OC SO FAR is 630/430. Not bad... not great but I have been told that these are not the greatest OCers.

I'll be honest with you... you'll notice the connectors on that PSU will start to turn black and slowly melt.

The PSU will stop working after a while as well, you'll need to turn it off and start it up again.

You need a Meanwell Dedicated 320W 12V PSU. It's slim and tiny and can be mounted away from the case with power connectors going into the case. That is how I setup my rig.

Athlon64 X2 4800+ oc'd to 3.2GHz running -20C on idle and -5C on load.

I'm using a 226W pelt for the CPU with a Swiftech Block. I have two Rads. A Black Ice Xtreme II and a Black Ice Xtreme Rev2.

Here's a picture of it while it was in the midst of being put together. (forgive me for the size of the image but I do not yet know the code on here to minimize it).
DSC01976.jpg

DSC02023_resize.jpg

though you cannot see it in the pictures I did clip off the plastic 12v connector and hardwired to the pelt on the cpu. The pelt on the GPU is only 80W so it does not draw NEARLY the current and I did use a molex clip for that. I've checked on it and its not even warm to the touch so I'm fine with it.

Nice rig BTW. and nice OC.

edit: looked into meanwells. Uhm. I would have to get the 480 version and that looks to be about $200. I think I will wait on that since I just spent almost $400 on all this stuff.

Update:

Managed to get some time in to get the video card OCed!
Core:630
Mem:430(860)
Not bad. Increased my 3DM06 score by about 300 points. My frames in Lost Coast video stress test went up 13FPS. Load temp is 8C and idle is 1C. With the price cuts for AMD around the bend I may get myself an opteron 165 or 170.

Cornelious... have any suggestions for steppings for a great OC?

Back