Compatibility with ITX case - Fractal Design Node 304

DarkDubzs

Limp Gawd
For an ITX gaming build, I want to double check to make sure a couple of the parts will fit in this itx case, the Fractal Design Node 304.
First, the PSU. I chose the Rosewill HIVE 750W, which is listed as being exactly 160mm long, and is semi-modular. Note, the PSU sits sideways in this case at the front of the case. I believe it should fit in the case fine, but i am worried it will conflict with the GPU.
Now the GPU. I chose the EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling GTX 770. The card is 254mm long, which should fit in the case fine with two HDD cages removed (fine with me, since I'll only have one 2TB HDD and one SSD which fit on one cage). Also note, the GPU sits along the PSU, Like This. I am worried that the card will get in the way of the cables coming out the PSU, like PCI-E cables or something... Or that the cables will get in the way of the GPU and push against it, causing tension on the PCI-E header or connector on the gpu.

So will there be any conflicts with these parts together in the case? According to the numbers, it should be okay, but it doesnt always work out the way you expect them to IRL. If anyone has done this please let me know. Any help, feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fractal Design Node 304 Specs:
Technical Specifications
-Mini ITX, DTX motherboard compatibility
-Two expansion slots
-Six supports for either 3.5in. or 2.5in. HDDs/SSDs
-ATX PSUs, up to 160mm in length (To fit in combination with a long graphics card, PSUs with modular connectors on the back typically need to be shorter than 160mm)
-Graphics cards, up to 310mm in length, when two HDD brackets are removed (Graphics cards longer than 170mm will conflict with PSUs longer than 160mm)
-Tower CPU coolers, up to 165mm tall
-Case dimensions (W x H x D): 250mm x 210mm x 374mm

I used to run a Node 304, your best bet for a PSU is a Seasonic G series. The modular connectors are below the bottom of the GPU so there's no interference. That Rosewill has them in a bad location for this case. Check the owners club thread over on overclock dot net.

Thanks, I'm actually getting a Seasonic G Series 550W after all after I was guided to it. Dis you have this psu or have this problem?

Thanks, I'm actually getting a Seasonic G Series 550W after all after I was guided to it. Dis you have this psu or have this problem?

I had the 450W model in mine, and went to that after a lot of measuring. Some Corsairs can work if their mod connectors are over by the ATX but you really have to know where the end of your card is in relation to that.

If the seasonic is already gonna fit, then ill just stay with it. And seasonic is a better brand than corsair isnt it?

Back