Compatibility Checker

g-megaman

n00b
I was on the Crucial site and they have a great little program which tells you which memory will be compatible with your system. Of course you don't have to buy from there, but you could take the specifications it gives you and use them to find compatible memory from other suppliers.
Have a look here : Compatibility Checker
Good for all those who want to know that whatever they buy will actually work :D .

My theory is just to shove it in ala square block into round hole. Usually works, but its always good to have the fire extinguisher around.

g-megaman said:
I was on the Crucial site and they have a great little program which tells you which memory will be compatible with your system. Of course you don't have to buy from there, but you could take the specifications it gives you and use them to find compatible memory from other suppliers.
Have a look here : Compatibility Checker
Good for all those who want to know that whatever they buy will actually work :D .

You mean I should get DDR400 for a board that uses DDR400?

Now I'm new to this whole computer thing. Where is the "fast" button so that my computer is faster?

I'm sorry if this is offensive, I just don't know that there are very many people here that have a use for this.

robberbaron said:
You mean I should get DDR400 for a board that uses DDR400?

Now I'm new to this whole computer thing. Where is the "fast" button so that my computer is faster?

I'm sorry if this is offensive, I just don't know that there are very many people here that have a use for this.
START->RUN->fast.exe, i found it yesterday i went from 2000 PC Marks to 10,000 in one shot! You gotta try it out!

Qwertyman said:
START->RUN->fast.exe, i found it yesterday i went from 2000 PC Marks to 10,000 in one shot! You gotta try it out!

Ok but I'm getting some weird error about my temperatures. Does my computer have a fever? IS IT A VIRUS? Oh god, I knew I shouldnt have downloaded that hotwomen.jpg.exe!

.jpeg.exe !! LOL not even the fact that you dloaded something, but the whole noobieness from dual-extensions. lol. My friend was trying to brag about a computer he bought or some crap, and he was like
"Well, MY computer has a front side bus AND a backside bus."
Me: "Dude, the only possible "back side bus" is the rear i/o panel."
Him: "Well, maybe it's a new technology."
Me: "Dude, you bought an e-Machines, there's no such thing as "new technology" to be found there."

He was pretty put down by this, but good for him, trying to be a bs artist...

nice, i like that one.

haha, it's just like one of my friends trying to convince me that his computer was faster because it ran hotter. athlon xp 2800 vs my 2.3ghz clawhammer :D

HAH! I still think that my back-side bus beats that though.

Oh, other than this friend of mine who (I think) has an A64 3000+ and liek, 512 megs of ram at the most. His computer sucks, one way or another. I'd just pull the CPU and start over. ;) All of my other friends have Dells w/ Celeron 2.4s or AXP 1800+s or other stuff. A friend of mine even has an old-ass Intel 233 or 266 w/ 32 megs of ram and a 3gb hdd. I laugh at him, my iPod is more powerful. Hehe. I have more music on my iPod than he has storage space...

Back