Compatibility check

Sixthsense

I Suck Fat Ones
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Building a system for a friend, he was fairly concerned about aesthetics so I had to make some compromises. Please feel free to critique this build

ASUS P8P67

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB(I wasn't aware of the heatspreaders being so tall till now, these might end up going back to Amazon)

Intel 2600k

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

MSI 580 GTX

NZXT Phantom Full Tower

Corsair TX750 PS
What requirements should we critique this against?
(See the sticky in this forum.)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry I should've been more clear. There were some core components that were picked out already. So I'm not really asking for advice on piecing together a build. I'm looking for any advice in regards to compatibility (ie: Dominator/ Vengeance RAM with low profile heatsinks, RAM/Motherboard compatibility)

He probably just wants to make sure he doesn't end up with parts that don't work together because of some small detail he might have overlooked.

I do have a question though, sir. Any reason in particular you want the Vengeance memory? Not knocking the selection of Corsair, just rather that having high mhz frequences on memory doesn't really matter so much these days as in the olden days because your overclock doesn't depend heavily on that anymore.

He probably just wants to make sure he doesn't end up with parts that don't work together because of some small detail he might have overlooked.

I do have a question though, sir. Any reason in particular you want the Vengeance memory? Not knocking the selection of Corsair, just rather that having high mhz frequences on memory doesn't really matter so much these days as in the olden days because your overclock doesn't depend heavily on that anymore.

Yeah you know what, that was a very large oversight on my end. I should have studied his order throughly prior to him hitting submit. (Since most of the suggestions were done browsing through my phone while drinking :eek:) I wasn't aware of the clearance issue on the heatspreaders till now. I'm slowly finding out issues from not being able to install the side fan on the NZXT with a tower heatsink and the previous heatspreader issue I wasn't aware of till now.

Yes, I will have him return the RAM and order something from the egg. Perhaps Ripjaws with the smaller heatspreader. Thanks for the nod of approval.

Last edited:
Back