Compatability HELP!!!!!!

crazyspike

Limp Gawd
I am about to purchase a AMD 64 3000 and a asus K8V deluxe mobo, what I really need to know is will The Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu HSF fit onto that particular motherboard as the [H] review of it states it is tight round there, id appreciate any help from anyone including kyle.

Second and last question, will corsair 512MB XMS3200 LLPT work with the Asus K8V deluxe as all Athlon 64 boards are funny with memory.

Cheers all and thanks for any help you can give, as I cant afford to make many mistakes :D

22 views and not one reply, damn no one must have this combination.

KYLE or BRENT u guys have this mobo to test on you wouldent happen to have that zalman fan and run a check for me, id be really grateful.

Cheers

Thanks BillLeeLee at least now I know it will be ok, but now ive hit another prob.

A friend said I shouldent buy an Athlon64 at the minute or mobo, he said I should wait for the 939 pin version because of the dual controllers plus second generation motherboards, would you guys agree that I should wait a month or 2.

If you can wait a couple months, I'd do it. Some exciting stuff is coming out. And by then, even if you don't like the prices of the new stuff, the current stuff will be cheaper.

So if your current system is fine, I'd wait for the new stuff.

I strongly support waiting.

I have the setup you're going after, and am not happy at all about the AGP/PCI unlock problem.

Thanks for the help guys Ive decided to wait but its gonna be hard as ive just bought UT2004 and im getting a few framerate issues.

Back