Comparison chart for GeForce FX line?

Poison

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
107
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra - 475MHz Core, 900MHz Memory, 128MB DDR-II
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 - 400MHz Core, 850MHz Memory, 128MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra - 450MHz Core, 850MHz Memory, 256MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - 475MHz Core, 900MHz Memory, 256MB DDR
 
FX5900SE has 2.8 memory with lower latencies than the standard 5900 and its price compares to the 5700U.

FX5900SE Core 400 Mem 700
 
Poison said:
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra - 475MHz Core, 900MHz Memory, 128MB DDR-II
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 - 400MHz Core, 850MHz Memory, 128MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra - 450MHz Core, 850MHz Memory, 256MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - 475MHz Core, 900MHz Memory, 256MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra - 475MHz Core, 900MHz Memory, 128MB DDR-II
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra Rev.2 - 475MHz Core, 950MHz Memory, 128MB DDR-III
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 XT/SE - 400MHz Core, 700MHz Memory, 128MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 - 400MHz Core, 850MHz Memory, 128MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra - 450MHz Core, 850MHz Memory, 256MB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - 475MHz Core, 900MHz Memory, 256MB DDR

This card is already better then all of these though:

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT - 500MHz Core, 1000MHz Memory, 128MB DDR-III
 
V99 said:
You can compare them on this website :D
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=172&card2=75

As you can see in that link, There best FX card... can't even own the 9600Pro :p
If your into Nvidia get yourself a Geforce 6xxx series... Far better cards than the FX series ;)
My 5900xt is much better than any 9600pro I've ever seen. You shouldnt hate all the cards in a series just because it cool to do so. The 5900xt/se was a great value and still spanks the 9600xt it was competing against.
 
V99 said:
You can compare them on this website :D
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=172&card2=75

As you can see in that link, There best FX card... can't even own the 9600Pro :p
If your into Nvidia get yourself a Geforce 6xxx series... Far better cards than the FX series ;)

the best FX card beats or atleast matches a 9600XT

all you are doing is compairing 3D mark scores of an Nvidia card to an ATI card that are posted on that site.

gw
 
Flak Monkey said:
My 5900xt is much better than any 9600pro I've ever seen. You shouldnt hate all the cards in a series just because it cool to do so. The 5900xt/se was a great value and still spanks the 9600xt it was competing against.

The 5900XT wasnt in direct competition with the 9600XT. That was the 5600 Ultra. Any 5900 was more than any 9600.
 
fallguy said:
The 5900XT wasnt in direct competition with the 9600XT. That was the 5600 Ultra. Any 5900 was more than any 9600.

except when it comes to ps2.0 games...where even the 9600xt can keep up with a 5950ultra...you can see that reflected in the 3dmark05 scores...
 
fallguy said:
The 5900XT wasnt in direct competition with the 9600XT. That was the 5600 Ultra. Any 5900 was more than any 9600.
Yes it was. The 5900xt and 5700ultra were both made to compete with the 9600 series. The rest of the 5900's were made to compete with the 9800 series.
^eMpTy^ said:
except when it comes to ps2.0 games...where even the 9600xt can keep up with a 5950ultra...you can see that reflected in the 3dmark05 scores...
True, except there arent any games that push ps2.0 hard enough to allow the 9600 to catch up. Except hl2 which looks fine in dx8 mode.
 
Flak Monkey said:
True, except there arent any games that push ps2.0 hard enough to allow the 9600 to catch up. Except hl2 which looks fine in dx8 mode.

Right, but given the option between "fine" and "good"...we're all gonna choose "good" every time...ps2.0 was the achilles heel of the FX series...you can't argue that...
 
thecake90 said:
all of fx card are shity and aren't good so do not post shity threads


Hmm.. Let's talk about the quality of your posts...

Or course the FX series did stink, but still.
 
My MSI GeForceTI 4600 8X (4800) spanks most of the FX cards :) I didn't see much improvement when I tested with my friends 5700 Ultra... so I waited for that generation of cards to pass... Good riddens!!

I admit... I almost bought an Asus FX 5950 Ultra on ebay... the bidding ended at 130.. I didn't want to pay more than $50.

I'm content with the 6800 Ultra (agp) for now... It does more than enough for the games I have now.
 
I love my 5900 nu and only with the latest release of GPUs have I even thought about a new card. I have a 6600GT and it runs far faster and alot prettier but I still hug my 5900. :)
 
I still own my 5700Ultra @535mhz core, 1.03ghz mem, yeah, not the greatest but still plays many games fine, I've beat HL2 with DX8 mode on and it played fine. But the newer games like Serious Sam 2 demo, fear demo kill it. I usually skip a generation or so but think DX10 cards won't be far off and would upgrade at that time.
 
I hate Nvidia!! :mad:
But I would take a 5950 ultra over a 9800xt anyday LOL :D

Back in the day, I lusted after that stupid card and had to settle for a 9600xt because of my budget.
 
Nidhogg said:
the best FX card beats or atleast matches a 9600XT

all you are doing is compairing 3D mark scores of an Nvidia card to an ATI card that are posted on that site.

gw

They still suck none the less, My 5200 bearly ran NFSU2 on lowest settings... my mates 5600XT only ran Call of Duty on low settings. They were not exactly amazing cards.
lloose said:
I hate Nvidia!! :mad:
But I would take a 5950 ultra over a 9800xt anyday LOL :D

Back in the day, I lusted after that stupid card and had to settle for a 9600xt because of my budget.

You might really want to think about that, The 9800XT blew the 5950Ultra out the window :p
 
lloose said:
I hate Nvidia!! :mad:
But I would take a 5950 ultra over a 9800xt anyday LOL :D

Back in the day, I lusted after that stupid card and had to settle for a 9600xt because of my budget.


isnt the 9800 xt better?
 
tvdang7 said:
isnt the 9800 xt better?
Not by a whole lot, and in my opinion games from this time ran better on the 5950 ultra than the 9800xt (dont start flaming me over this.. its just my opinion).
 
Back
Top