Comparing compact cameras

blankwire

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
2,178
I'm looking at the Panasonic DMC-LZ5K and Canon SD600.

The Panasonic has a 6x optical zoom, and is rated up to 1600 ISO, but the Canon doesn't seem to have a high sensitivity ISO rating.

The Canon is a bit smaller than the Panasonic, which would probably help when I take it with me, and I can get a 2GB SD card opposed to the 1GB with the other camera. The SD600 also appears to have better battery life.

So which one am I better off with? I don't know much about cameras, but the 6x zoom does appeal to me on the Panasonic. For an extra $10, I can get another GB of storage, and a smaller package.
 
we have those panasonics at school for my newspaper class, and they do the job pretty well, and have a nice macro.
 
Any other recommendations?

EDIT: Does anyone know if the DMC-LZ5K has a 16:9 shooting feature like the SD600?
 
Fujifilm F30.

Because it has the best low light performance in the p&s realm.
 
Get a camera that has some form of Image Stability....
 
I've seen reviews of the Panasonic claiming it has horrible noise reduction.

I might go with the Canon (I still want something smaller overall), but I'd really miss the 6x zoom feature.
 
Back
Top