• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Compaq Laptop Internet woes.

Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
52
I have a Compaq laptop running Vista Home Premium. I cannot use it to connect to the internet with wireless. I can access any computer on my network.

This is what confuses me:
I can't resolve any domain names.
I can ping Google's direct IP, however I cannot use Firefox or Internet Explorer to connect to Google with that IP.

I have:
Rebooted my router.
Tried a different DNS.
Tried it with a wired connection.

Any ideas on what could be the culprit?
 
Back
Top