Company of heroes tales of valor any one get?

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
I enjoy playing COH but i only play single player. any get tales of valor? How is it? would it do me good if i juss plan to play single player.

No! All the reviews and forum post say the same; not worth the $ for SP only. I own and liked the other two COH games but I am going to pass on this one until it drops in price. Go for Men of War instead...

Yea men of war for SP and MP. I bought the new COH and there are only 3 campaigns with 3 really short missions each, not much for singleplayer just a bunch of mp expansion toys.

I will buy it when they lower price to 15€ - I am not going to pay 35€ for it.

Men of War is AMAZING! I too only liked CoH for the single-player and I really hated base building and resource management. MoW feels very similar to CoH but w/o the hassle of base building/resource management and focuses solely on combat. MoW is like a hybrid of Company of Heroes, Dawn of War II, and Commandos. Start with set units, limited to no reinforcements, limited ammo, lootable corpses, it's freaking hard as hell, and has co-op campaign.

wow u wont pay 35E for a game? but ull wait for 15E? Thats patience sir

I bought it, but I enjoy the multiplayer more than singleplayer in Relic's games.

The Skirmish AI has been significantly beefed up, however.

I enjoy playing COH but i only play single player. any get tales of valor? How is it? would it do me good if i juss plan to play single player.

For the SP content alone, don't get it. You get all the best SP content without the addon. 2.501 brings beastly expert AI (much improved) as well as new maps to play on. Trust me, you're not missing anything with the three "mini-campaigns" in ToV. I've played through 2 of them so far, and all 3 missions in each campaign take place on the same map. So it's basically a one map campaign. You'll get far more playtime out of skirmish modes with the new maps and improved AI from the 2.501 patch.

Men of War has co-op?

Yes, Men of War has coop.

I own both ToV and MoW, and I'm here to tell you that if you're looking into ToV for anything other than the new multiplayer modes (specifically Panzerkrieg, and the DoTA-like Assault mode) that you're better off purchasing MoW.

Here's why... First of all, MoW is cheaper than ToV is. It can be obtained for $24.90 on XXXXXXX (Do we still have hearts? Oh, it's X's now... that's go gamer) whereas you likely won't find ToV for less than $29.99 for a few weeks. Secondly, MoW has a massive single-player campaign that spans almost 30 missions (That's about as much SP content as CoH and OF combined). It lacks a skirmish mode, however it has a dynamic campagin generator )DCG) which more than fulfills the purpose for it. The DCG allows you to play on a large compilation of maps and basically creates a persistent campaign as you go. Units surviving from previous battles will be available for the next battle. Enemy equipment that you capture can be used to suppliment your forces, or "sold" to allow you to purchase units from your own faction. As you win more campaigns, your general is able to command more units, so there is a sense of progression to it.

For MP, MoW already has most of the gamemodes, plus a few extra that CoH has. It has the CoH style victory points. It has a single victory flag mode which results in a king of the hill type battle. There are deathmatch and team deathmatch modes, as well as a frontlines mode (assault/defend) and a capture the flag mode. What's more, you can use any combination of armies to play out these battles, besides the armoes in CoH, MoW has the Soviets available and is adding Japan in a patch. Teams are not limited to axis vs allies. Two allied teams can duke it out, or two of the same faction can fight eachother (from what I've seen).

The game is hard to find at the moment, but they are looking into bringing it to steam. If you enjoyed the demo you'll like the full game and I highly reccomend it. It may not be as intuitive or polished as CoH, and it might take you a few missions to get used to the controls, but once you get into it you'll really appreciate what it provides.

As for ToV, so far I'm disappointed that my $30 got me only 3 single player maps (getting to play each map 3 times with different objectives does not excite me). A *gimmick* direct fire mode. Yes folks, the direct fire mode for ToV is largely gimmicky and is hardly used. And three new multiplayer modes with 1 (yes one) map for each of them. Sound exciting? It isn't. The best thing I see that they have done for ToV is available to people who don't buy the game. Those are the new maps for classic play, and the improved AI.

I really can't stress this enough though, that the direct fire in ToV is a joke compared to how it is done in MoW. After playing around with ToV's direct fire, I found that I did better not using it unless it was absolutely needed. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Well, I've run my mouth again, but for me the choice is clear. MoW > ToV. The only thing MoW really suffers from is a smaller community, but I hope that with a steam release and more people checking it out due to a weak ToV expansion, that it could pick up enormusly.

Back