Compactflash Cards....

I burned a linux boot image onto my 256MB compactflash card, worked cool everything kosher (installing linux on a hacked internet appliace Compaq IA1), anywho, now it refuses to format, the only option to format is 2.23MB and even if i select that it doesnt work. Am I out a $50 card or is there a different way to format it. I'm using a sandisk 256 with a sandisk usb reader.

Max

You should try sticking it in a camera or some device that will auto-format cards if they aren't formated correctly. They should be able to format it fine since CF hards have their own controller on each one.

your the [gawd]. Put it in the camera and flipped through the menu until lo and behold a format option. Thanks! :D

I was looking for a utility to format my flash cards through the computer and ran across this...

"By default, Windows XP will format any CompactFlash card having a capacity greater than 32MB with the FAT32 format. Most digital cameras use the FAT (FAT16 & FAT12) format and can not operate with a FAT32 formatted card. Either format your CompactFlash card in your camera or select FAT file system to format your CompactFlash card with a Windows XP PC."

Now we know.... :cool:

Back