I'm practically searching for the impossible here, so I thought I would ask for some help. My computer is a HTPC that I also use for playing video games. I need wireless because I sit several feet away on the couch and don't want cables to trip over. Compact is a must because I'm using a writing lapdesk as a surface to put it on and they don't get much wider than 22" - 24". See http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U1Y532/ for an example.
My requirements for gaming are a little lax. I don't need special function keys, backlighting isn't necessary, and I could even do away with the numpad. I just need the ability for any combination of WASD, CTRL, spacebar etc. to be recognized. Also, under $100 would be nice as I'm used to buying $30-$40 keyboards.
For the past say 8 years I've used a Logitech K340 keyboard which works okay for basic computing and has decent range, but I've been gaming without the ability to hold down W & D and then press Spacebar which at times is very frustrating. I think there's also another key combination that doesn't work, but I can't remember it. I'm upgrade my PC fairly soon, but I feel my gaming experience won't be much improved if I don't get a better keyboard.
My requirements for gaming are a little lax. I don't need special function keys, backlighting isn't necessary, and I could even do away with the numpad. I just need the ability for any combination of WASD, CTRL, spacebar etc. to be recognized. Also, under $100 would be nice as I'm used to buying $30-$40 keyboards.
For the past say 8 years I've used a Logitech K340 keyboard which works okay for basic computing and has decent range, but I've been gaming without the ability to hold down W & D and then press Spacebar which at times is very frustrating. I think there's also another key combination that doesn't work, but I can't remember it. I'm upgrade my PC fairly soon, but I feel my gaming experience won't be much improved if I don't get a better keyboard.
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.