Compact socket 775 cooler?

horseflesh

Weaksauce
I have an Antec Sonata case, and the IP35-E motherboard, which has the CPU socket pretty close to the edge. I'd like to find a good cooler that will fit about the same footprint as the OEM HSF so I have a little more room to OC. Any recommendations?

(It should also use some kind of screw-down mount, I hope, because I $#@! despise the plastic push-pin mounting method. I have never had so much trouble mounting a manufacturer's HSF as I did with the one for my E3110.)

Thanks!

The Ultima90 can fit pretty close to the edge of the motherboard, depending on orientation. It supports 120mm fans, but the clips are designed for 25mm deep fans, and I wholeheartedly recommend 120x38mm fans for it instead. You might have to jury-rig up something to attach the fan but it's worth it.

Depending on how small look for a Scythe Ninja or even Scythe Mini Ninja. But that may be even way too small for your case :p

Those both look good... the Ninja has the hated push-pins though. I'll have to check some reviews, might be worth it anyway.

Thanks guys!

Back