Compact flash based mp3 player??

rygy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
448
I have been searching for a mp3 player that uses compact flash cards for the memory and have only been able to find one. It's called the Nex IA. It looks good cause it has a built in FM tuner and can record in mp3 format. It has no internal memory and can be bought memory-less. It can also be used as a storage device of course but that is obvious because of the memory used.

I want a compact flash based player cause I already have a 256MB and 16MB card that I have for my Canon Powershot A60 digital camera.

Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has a similar device or experience with this one. Thanks.
 
Buy one of those muvo2's people have been hacking for the 4gb cards off of ebay. Put your own stick in, and you're done.

note: I haven't tried it, but I assume it'll work with a smaller stick.
 
Ya I have heard of that but those are IBM Microdrives. Not Compact Flash cards.

*edit: i just read on how to remove and format those Microdrives and I guess they work in CF readers. WOW. OK here's a question: Can I still use the Muvo2 as a mp3 player once the Microdrive has been removed? If so would I be able to use my 256MB CF card in it instead?
 
Back
Top