compact aio cooler with alot of potential

walid

n00b
HG5-SF_06_w_600.png
HG5-SF_01_w_600.png
HG5-SF_04_w_600.png
HG5-SF_09_w_600.png

here is a link to it http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h5-sf-low-profile-liquid-cpu-cooler some specs

Technical specifications
Radiator dimensions: 167mm x 40mm x 57mm
Total cooler height: 84mm
Fan dimensions: 120mm x 32mm
Fan speed: 1000 - 1800 RPM
Fan airflow: 12 - 24 CFM
Fan pressure: 2.5 - 8.3 mmH2O
Fan noise level: 36 - 42 dB(A)

lets see what u think downbelow :p

Last edited:
Spend the extra 30 seconds and put a proper title w/ at least a model name and source in the comment body. The title as it is says absolutely nothing...

That looks like it has fairly limited potential, though rather neat if you have a setup that could use it.

Last edited:
My bad as well, it's been an irritating sort of day. For those wondering, this is the corsair h5 sf used in their Bulldog case, just being sold as a stand alone product

I don't feel like there is enough radiator surface area to perform as well as any of the low profile products already on the market like nh-L9i, cryorig c7, etc. It also seems to require enough clearance that you'd be able to fit a nh-L12 volume wise, and I'm not sold on the noise profile of a water pump + blower fan over a single regular pwm controlled fan

Is that a gpu-like blower style cooler? won't that be very noisy? Doesn't seem to offer much benefit size wise, just a different mounting option.

Yes it is, but we don't know how noisy it will be. The blower is a lot larger than the one used on GPUs, it could be less noisy.
And you're absolutely right, this thing is bloody huge. A Cryorig C1 takes up less space if I'm not mistaken.

I almost passed over it b/c of the generic topic title. looks interesting, but those squirrel cage-type fans tend to be very noisy though.

I like the idea - it's something new. But it's not perfectly executed:
- it's going outside the ITX outline
- support bracket might block angled sata/sata-express connectors
- support bracket might not work for different motherboard sizes
(I'm not sure if support bracket may be mounted in opposite configuration though)
- it might not be compatible with motherboards that have opposite socket location (next to pci-e)
- it will collide with tall ram radiators

I like the idea - it's something new. But it's not perfectly executed:
- it's going outside the ITX outline
- support bracket might block angled sata/sata-express connectors
- support bracket might not work for different motherboard sizes
(I'm not sure if support bracket may be mounted in opposite configuration though)
- it might not be compatible with motherboards that have opposite socket location (next to pci-e)
- it will collide with tall ram radiators

- Jup that's the biggest showstopper here. Appart from the blower, but you can't change that.
- Didn't even think about that! Fortunately, all boards that do have angled SATA connectors have them stacked, so only the bottom one will be blocked.
- "might"? It won't, period. This cooler with this support bracket will only work for mITX boards, nothing else, unless you get some modding involved.
- That's the one thing I trust Corsair with on this unit. That's the reason why it's watercooled in the first place, to be compatible with all board. Because of those swiveling fittings on the pump/block, you could probably turn it around by 90° to fit it on sockets close to the PCIe slot.
- Well I guess you've got to compromise somewhere. RAM is the smallest issue I see with this cooler.

I think that if you assemble it in the opposite way you can mount in on other boar types but that depends on type of screws that are used - You could attach that plate directly to the cooler, probably partially blocking the blower inlet and put the standoffs/extenders directly into the motherboard screw holes.

To be honest, with a blower fan, you can make the same design with heatpipe. I highly doubt this will beat say a axp 200 with those 10mm extra as clearance.

And this blower is hardly larger than gpu ones, gpu blower is about 70s mm, remember the coolit block is ~60mm length and width.

Back