Comp Problems, Please Help!

L1ght

Gawd
My pc was running fine and smooth, untill I decided to swap around towers to different desks. I needed the printer on one(couldnt get printer drivers installed) so thought a simple tower swap would fix the printer issue. So the computer I am typing on now is hooked up to the printer and all fine. While my pc wont boot windows. :eek:

It starts the loading bar, then restarts the comp. :confused:

So, I made sure all the connections were secure and no leaks in my water cooling loop, and I turned the pc on again. No go.

I started inspecting things, and when I turn my psu on, there is slight buz for a half a second. :(

And, when I get into bois, the cd rom drives and hd dont always show up....

I have a SilverStone 600Watt modular psu. Is this the problem? I could plug in a different psu from another comp, but that would take a long time. But, I will do it if I have to.

Any Ideas? Please! I begging you!

Have you re-seated the connections? Moving things can upset loose cables. Turn off the PSU with the main switch but leave it plugged in for grounding for a while. Five to fifteen minutes should do, then unplug all the external cables, open it up, completely unplug all the drive cables, I/O and power, and hey, now's a good time to get off your lazy duff and blow out the dust jackalopes, you filthy git, reconnect everything nice and tidy, and throw the switch.

Of course, if you've already done that then we'll need some more information.

For what it's worth, if it powers on, it's not realistically going to be your power supply. Like with most electronics, they either work or they don't. Not much probability that it'll only work so-so.

Thank you for the reply!

I have checked all connections. Ill leave it plugged in but off overnight. Your right, it probably isnt my psu. So what could it be?

When I plugged the moniter cable back in, the video card moved a little... Its not screwed in becuase either the case of the motherboard is screwed up, as it doesnt get close enough to screw it in. So could I have busted the video card?

This computer is water cooled, and it was a bitch to get set up, which is why I havent ripped the entire thing apart right now.... :mad:

It is fine in BOIS, maybe I have to reformat and reinstall windows.?? :(

Heres the story. I moved it over there, plugged it in, and waited. First thing that popped up was a boot device error, so I shut it down and made sure the plugs were secure. Second time I booted up, I got into windows, but it wouldnt pick up my mouse. So I kept plugging it in untill windows found it, then windows crashed. Restarted, and It went into a disk check. It scanned for a couple minutes, then started deleting things, then crashed. At this point I was a little ticked off. So I powered it on and now it wont get into windows.

:mad:

Im pretty pissed of right now, this computer has been a nightware to build.

Can you boot together a BIOS flashing boot disk? It's probably not the problem but in the case that it is, it'll save you a lot of heartache. Even if you're up-to-date. For that matter, have you reset the BIOS? I mean, be sure to jot down what your OC settings were, but it just seems like you're having problems with all of your I/O operations. The fact that you have problems detecting hardware in your BIOS indicates that it's a motherboard problem and not simply an OS one.

(Yeah, like you wanted to hear that.)

Axman said:
(Yeah, like you wanted to hear that.)
:eek:

I hope this isnt a hardware problem. That would totally ruin my week... Last week was spent getting this computer up and running, and it looks like this week will be spent fixing it. :(

Im gonna try a few more things now, Clearing the BIOS sounds like a good idea. Will try to instal a fresh copy of windows after that.

Why do my computers never work. :confused: :(

If you can't consistently detect your hard drives, how do you install an OS? Are they all there now? (In which case, you now, phew.)

Got windows installed now. I think my problem was the molex connecters, as they seem to be a little loose even when fully connected. Something corrupted my OS, so a reinstall fixed that.

Guess I didnt need a whole new thread about my problem, but I was going crazy for a few seconds there. :eek:

SATA drives or IDE? If you're overclocking and using the first SATA port on the nForce chipset, chinky things can happen. Switch it over to the fourth.

Back