Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forums ;) nice to see everyone helps out,
I'm having a weird problem that I had before,

First, I have a

Maxtor 80GB , and a Western Digital 120GB,
BIOS Recognize's both harddrives,

The maxtor as the primary master Harddrive
And it shows the WD and the slave, and the Cdrom is the other secondary master,

The only thing is, I can not get the 2nd WD harddrive to show up while in windows and I have very imporatant files in the hard drive =( I am wondering if you guys can give me some ideas, and possibly help me out,

I will post the system specs In a little bit, please drop a message I appreciate it...

Check under Disk Management to see if it's present but not mounted yet?

klowngoblin said:
yes do it

Ok,

Update::
WD1200GB-00EVO - wd 120gig = master
MAXTOR 6Y080PO - maxtor 80 gig = slave

It is active under disk management, one thing though, in disk management it shows System(main one working) and the other one as Active but windows still wont show it,

and also when I try to boot the system with only the Slave Hard drive on the boot screen after norton goback it gives me this message,
Failure code gb_ui_support(1199) and it tells me to restart and it goes back to the same thing. also this harddrive has windows files on it.

:confused:
I'm desperate for some help right now can anyone help me out, post if you've had this problem or a similar problem please :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

If it shows up in disk management but not "my computer" doesn't it usually mean the drive needs to be formatted?

AuroraProject said:
If it shows up in disk management but not "my computer" doesn't it usually mean the drive needs to be formatted?

Well, I've had the problem before I was able to download a program to recover the Disk Drive ,which i dont have anymore,
but this is the problem I can't format the drive =( The information on the harddrive is my work and things that can't be recovered, it's just not an option, I am trying to find a disk recovery program but untill then I need alternatives and a solution =(Ty for the input though aurora, I'm also on 56k which right now Blows:)

It should have come with a cd that will runa formatter and stuff. Use that CD. Also make sure your HD with windows on it is ont he very end of the IDE cable and not the middle connection. This makes it Primary and the new one Slave. Then go to the BIOs and make sure thye are set correctly. If all of this doesn't work, there are jumpers ont he HD. The default setting usually works but I know WD HDs have to have the 2 jumpers ont he pins....I believe one on the far right and one in the middle for 2 drives soemtimes but read the manual abotut hat to be certain.

u sure the 2nd hdd is in good condition, did u try to run everest home edition or some other app that can check the health of ur hdd..and if did u redo the system?

do you have a distro of linux....knoppix is the easiest to use in this case. Just pop that in, and mount both HDs and then copy the files that way...just my $.02

Back