Comms headset for use with speakers?

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
I game with speakers, and that's not gonna change. Back in the day, I used the headset I got with SOCOM 2 to handle Vent/TS duties while playing BF1942 and used speakers for the game audio.

So, what is out there for me? I don't want a piece of crap, and would love something wireless. RGB is ok, lol.

Just get a USB mic and use push to talk. You'll bleed a little audio, but unless you drag on the PTT key, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I ended up ording an M-Audio Uber mic. Reviews seem to be pretty good on it for what I want to do. If I don't like it, I guess I'll return it and get a Blue Yeti with a boom.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
From what I understand, with dynamic mics, you've basically gotta damn near have your lips on it?
I can't watch the video atm
They show how it picks up by turning the mic in different directions. Then they move back from the mic up to 4 feet so you can hear how it sounds from across the room. They show how it rejects background noise. But yes, they keep it pretty close to their mouths in general.

They show how it picks up by turning the mic in different directions. Then they move back from the mic up to 4 feet so you can hear how it sounds from across the room. They show how it rejects background noise. But yes, they keep it pretty close to their mouths in general.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about having a boom in my face lol. I have a 38" UW monitor, so no real good place for a mic like that lol

Back