• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Common Borg'ing Proposals / Arguments for Borg-ing Help

MKool

Gawd
Joined
Oct 15, 2001
Messages
831
Hey, I'm really impressed by all of your grass-roots efforts to Borg as many comps as u can for the [h]orde and I'd like to try to help. I've built a 36 node opteron 2.2ghz cluster for my prof. and I was wondering what is the best way to go about suggesting 'borging'. I'm not sure how easy it'll be as they're for a research project, but I imagine they could be a huge help when they're not running models. Any input would be appreciated!
 
What are they running? If it's flat linux, it's no problem to get folding running, but if it's Mosix-like, it might be harder to get folding going right.

CarnivalForces also put together a powerpoint a bit ago. I promptly stole his thread, but the link is at the beginning.

36 dual opterons would put a dent in those aussies, all right. Fold on.
 
currently running fc2, but my new mission when I return may be upgrading to fc3, if it seems there's good reason. please no remarks about the linux flavor, it's out of my control :p
 
MKool said:
currently running fc2, but my new mission when I return may be upgrading to fc3, if it seems there's good reason. please no remarks about the linux flavor, it's out of my control :p
Hey, whatever works for you. I just hope for your sake that you have a network-based install instead of a CD-based one. Much easier to roll out that way.

I have an init.d script for FC that you're welcome to; just post or PM and let me know. :cool:
 
Back
Top