Commodore 64 Laptop

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who cares about laptops and netbooks when you can have a Commodore 64 laptop! Yes, I said Commodore 64 laptop, so that can only mean one thing…Ben Heckendorn, the guy behind the Xbox 360 laptop, is at it again!

A C-64 on a chip from those TV games in a Nintendo GBA case would be pretty awesome.

A 1MHz C64 in a laptop format is IMO useless. You can pick up any old 100-200MHz laptop and run an emulator at full speed/full screen.

All I've got to say is it's a nice job. Makes me wish I hadn't thrown my C64 in the trash.

C64 was my third computer. First a TI-99, then a Vic-20, then the C64.

Used to have a 5.25" floppy and the audio tape backup drive.

Also had the 300bps modem and we thought it was awesome. There was no public internet back then, we used to have to dial in to BBS forums.

I also had the speech synthesizer cartridge. We used to call up restaurants and make prank calls like this, "This is DP&L billing. Due to your account being past due your service will be shut off today at 11am."

Great job.I kind of miss those days.Sure,the games were primitive by today's standards,but everything was new and exciting back then.I think we've gotten jaded these days,it's all about bigger and better graphics,and less about the gameplay experience.

C64 was my first computer (age 7). In other words, it either ruined my life or made it better. I'm not really sure which but this laptop mod is badass.

Great job on the aesthetics of C64, but like others said this is what emulators are for.

++ for the memories... Bard's Tale I & II, Pool of Radiance, Crysis on medium settings, Phantasy, M&M II.. ahhh...

This gentleman does great work. I am always amazed when he releases a new project. This project brings up old memories of the C64 "lug-able" that my parents got my brother and I when I was in grade school. Then sold off years later (to my brother and I's disbelief) after we had moved onto to a newer PC compatible computer.

What? Nobody asked the eternal question yet?

But, can it play Crysis?

I'm shocked, truly... ;) I saw eggrock mention Crysis there almost subliminally but but but... didn't ask "the question" sooo...

And yep, lots of good memories of PEEKs, POKEs, and LOADs of fun...

Back