• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Comments/opinions on this upgrade?

Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
36
Right now I'm running an eMachines...1.2GHz Celecron, no AGP slot, etc. I finally got some money to do an upgrade, and here's what I'm looking at:

Antec Sonata case w/380W PSU - $68 (outpost.com, after rebate)
MSI "K8T NEO-FSR" K8T800 Chipset 754 socket - $83
Athlon 64 3000+ 512KB L2 Cache - $152 ($20 off normal price when bought with listed mobo)
Corsair Value Select 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - $163
MSI ATI RX9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR - $196

Add in the small amount of shipping costs...and the total hovers around $666 (oh noes!). I'll be using my keyboard/mouse, monitor, CD/DVD+RW, and 20GB HD from my current computer. I'll probably still have enough cash left over for a 40GB drive, since I'm nearly out of space anyway.
 
Looks like a nice little budget upgrade. Make sure the CPU is retail or you'll have to buy a separate HSF, which will raise the price a bit.
 
Sysjack said:
Looks like a nice little budget upgrade. Make sure the CPU is retail or you'll have to buy a separate HSF, which will raise the price a bit.

Had to check (couldn't remember off hand) but it is :)
 
Back
Top