• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

comments on these 3? (56k beware)

Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
807
these sofar have been the best 3 pictures i've taken with my A60. i'm still learning what settings are best under which circumstances, and these are when i've hit the nail on the head. any comments on them? any suggestions to make them better?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
 
First pic's pretty nice.

Second would be better off with a "bounced" flash, and a longer exposure, to prevent a narrow DOF, and still pick up the rich color and contrast of the flower.

Third pic, find a program that has fish-eye/pincushion correction. I found Jasc's Paintshop Pro 8 to be fantastic. Cheaper and FAR-LESS the resource hog that Adobe programs are.
 
First pic would be a little better with a slightly deeper DOF, so that all of the flowers are in focus.

Like he said, the 2nd one would be better with more light... most extreme closeups need as much light as possible.

The third pic is probably the best one of the bunch.
 
Hey String :) Nice pics. I don't care for the first one, but I think that just may be the size it's posted in. If it was at original size, I feel like it's look alot nice, since you could really pick up the detail.

The second pic is great. I think the shallow depth of field nicely blurs the far side of the flower and draws your attention in to the center petals. I don't care for the flash on the bottom left and shadow on bottom right, but I don't think it detracts much from the overall photo. I think it's the best, I'd be proud to take a pic that good :)

I like the color and composition of lines on the third one, very nice. Wish you had a wide angle lens for that one to cause the lines to curve a little more..but either way it's great.

Good pics!!

croww
 
I really like the rose picture...the other flower picture seems slightly washed out.
 
Back
Top