Comments on parts??

Tman

Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
945
I was wondering what you guys think about this setup??

Water-cooling-
This Case- http://www.xoxide.com/ssttj03.html but silver

The Danger Den 6800 Solution for GPU and RAM cooling
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=64 ($124)

MAZE4 for Athlon64 & Opteron 754/939/940
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=31 ($35)

Eheim 1260 - Previously the 1060
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=142 ($100)

Black Ice Xtreme II Radiator
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=2 ($100)

Danger Den Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=52 ($30)
(I would also get 2… but that is just me too a little)

ClearFlex 60 Tubing
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=61 ($1.20 per foot)

Then I would get The Silent X Fans to cool the case and Radiator
 
i would disagree that the Maze 4 wouldn't work well with that pump. the maze 4 is the least restrictive block i have seen and it works very well for me and the Ehiem is about the strongest pump that you need in a normal W/C setup. 600 GPH rated and probly around 125 GPH in that setup that alot in my book.

However with that said i would get a diffrent Block i like the White water from Dtek or the TDX from danger den.and the 6002 is a great choice.
 
I would recomend the DangerDen TDX waterblock for the CPU with the #4 nozzle. would work just fine with that pump and the DangerDen 6800 vid card cooler is also one i recomend as well. Both very good product with great reviews. I would also pick a different resivoir that would not be prone to leak as those are and only one is truely needed.

Water block I would recomend
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=17&cat=21&page=1

Resivoir i would recomend
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=51&cat=27&page=1
 
James Earl Ray said:
Use a T-Line. Its easier to fill. and less of a chance to leak. As for a rad I would look at a DTek Procore.

T Lines are not easier to fill and the have no less chance of leaking than a HDPE Res. :rolleyes:
 
Lothar5150 said:
T Lines are not easier to fill and the have no less chance of leaking than a HDPE Res. :rolleyes:

So you say. I dont feel comfortable with a 5 1/2 bay res filled with water sitting over my drives. Its all a matter of opinion. :D
 
James Earl Ray said:
So you say. I dont feel comfortable with a 5 1/2 bay res filled with water sitting over my drives. Its all a matter of opinion. :D

I would agree with you if we were talking about an Acrylic Res but the Ploy Reservoirs can easily be pressurized to 25PSI, which is about 6 times the max output PSI of the pump Tman has selected. For comparison of pressure ratings the new DDC 12V pump housing fails at a system pressure of 22 PSI. I would say that the likelihood of a leek is slim to none.
 
that pump's a bit of overkill isn't it?

it may end up putting more heat into the loop then the extra flowrate removes.
 
Back
Top