• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Comments on my TJ08 build?

DarkCond0

n00b
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
60
I finally decided on using the tj08, so this will be my first matx build. How is it?

TJ08 $109.99
Asus P5E-VM HDMI $134.99
C2D E6750 $189.99
G.skill 2x1gb ddr2-800 $46.99
HIS HD3850 TurboX $229.99
Seagate 7200.10 250gb hd
ST50EF-Plus Short Cable $94.18
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro $21.99

I'm planning to only oc the e6750 to 3.2ghz, maybe a bit more later on. Will the freezer 7 pro fit well too? Is it even needed for the 3.2ghz oc?
Thanks!

the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro should fit fine from what i've seen from pictures in the Silverstone Gallery...

as for overall, looks kickass, although I'm a Corsair Fan so i'd get what I'm running:

Corsair 2GB - Click Here
 
rc-340 is very nice.
you can also remove the 3.5 bay and put in an extra fan.
cut some holes to improve airflow
they sell these at compusa as well so you might get a deal as they are going belly up soon


Check this thread for examples of stuff you can do with either the tj08 or the coolermaster elite 340 as interiors are identical

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1232853
 
Nice, I'll consider the case
and that corsair ram is most likely going into the system :)

Aside from them the other parts are ok? I'm probably going to be ordering tonight
Thanks
 
http://www.directron.com/rc340kkn1gp.html
same case as tj08 with different front @ 1/3 price.
If you ask me, the NSK3480 looks better, and... well, its not as cheap. But then I'd also rather have a Silverstone case.

Nice, I'll consider the case
and that corsair ram is most likely going into the system :)

Aside from them the other parts are ok? I'm probably going to be ordering tonight
Thanks
G.Skill > Corsair, for this build.
Why?
For roughly the same quality of chips (you can try pushing CL4 on the G.Skills), you don't have to mess with a MIR. And the G.Skills are a damn sight prettier.
 
Are there any good deals on good horizontally-blowing cpu coolers that would fit well? Or should I just stick with the freezer 7 pro?

Thanks for all the help
 
I finally decided on using the tj08, so this will be my first matx build. How is it?

TJ08 $109.99
Asus P5E-VM HDMI $134.99
C2D E6750 $189.99
G.skill 2x1gb ddr2-800 $46.99
HIS HD3850 TurboX $229.99
Seagate 7200.10 250gb hd
ST50EF-Plus Short Cable $94.18
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro $21.99

I'm planning to only oc the e6750 to 3.2ghz, maybe a bit more later on. Will the freezer 7 pro fit well too? Is it even needed for the 3.2ghz oc?
Thanks!


Seems like for the money, you could do better on the vid card...I picked up the BFG 8800GT OC for 8 bucks more at Best Buy which is a better card, but I don't see why you couldn't search around and find a 3870 instead if you wanted to stay ATI...The 10-20 dollars more would be worth it.
 
I assumed that the HIS TurboX would be relatively close to the 3870 in performance, with its overclock. The ICEQ cooler and the included black box are the biggest deciding factors for me.. I'll only use it when I'm home for breaks, and I'll only be gaming on 1280x1024
Or am I wrong and should just go for the 3870 o_O
 
It should be relatively close, but for 10 bucks I'd step up to either an 8800gt or 3870...Buying the high end of a particular card is always a waste of money imo, the bigger bang is going to the cheap end of the next card up, especially when the price difference is so small. YMMV
 
Think I'd go with an Ultra 120 Extreme even though it costs more. It'll fit in the case.
 
I would recomend:

CM Elite 340
Corsair HX620
Crucial Ballistix
TR 120 Extreme
8800gt
Q6600 or X3210 xeon, (GO)

Go quad. If you can grab one from CompUSA, its a good deal.
 
Back
Top