Comment on this setup....

DogChainX

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, i've read the FAQ's, the posts, the reviews....

Now i need some comments on this setup. I'll be upgrading at the end of September or October, or basically whenever ATI releases the r520. note that I'm planning on the ATI Crossfire setup...if reviews show that the r520 sucks arse, i'll just go Nvidia Route.

-Antec P180 (looks like a fridge...its quiet and heavy. JUST what i was looking for)

-Antec Neopower (ok for SLI right? I didn't see any problems)

-Swiftech's new H20-Apex (going to mount it externally, quiet, powerful, 2x120)
Will this bad boy help me get to the 2800+ Mhz i'd like the SD 3700+ to get to with as little noise as possible.

-SD 3700+ (hopefully overclocked to 2800+ Mhz....i'll do dual core in the future)

-Crossfire or SLI motherboard. (Probably DFI's RDX200 if it reviews well, or the newer DFI SLI thats coming out if i'm to go Nvidia)

-either a single r520 or single 7800gtx/ultra. I'll pop in another card in 6-9 months.

-RAM....now this is tricky. 2gb, 2x1024 sticks. Do i get the inexpensive DDR400 and do a memory divider to make the SD 3700+ overclock higher, or get the more expensive DDR400 sticks that overclock well and forget the memory divider? I'd love to keep memory expensive to a minimum since I'm going the 2gb route, and DDR2 is just around the corner for AMD. Max amount spending on ram is $250-300.

-What kind of fan controller? Nexus, etc? I'll have 5-6 120mm fans in the case.

-raptor, Audigy2 Zs, dvd-rw drives, etc....basically carring over current high-end equipment i already have.

Any comments would be appreciated. I'm spending $2000 on this setup, and selling my old setup for around $600-700.....so about $1300 on upgrading. I hope to have this system last me for around 2 years.

Back