Comment on my build

looks solid to me. nice case :D

its not that much more money, go ahead and just get the e6600. you know you want to :0

Is the 6600 really worth the price? I am just asking though. It's not super expensive but it is a significant price increase.

Also I love Antec P180 series, they aren't flashy but they mean business.

Looks good,

My one recommendation would be to consider the Gigabyte DS3 motherboard instead of your nForce 650. The DS3 is the most recommended motherboard on the site these days for non SLI Core 2 Duo systems, and for good reason. They work wonderfully well and they'll support a very high FSB with proper overclocking. Furthermore, the installed user base is huge, so you know that there will be tons of people to goto if you have a problem. There will also be tons of help with overclocking, since so many people do so with that board.

Good luck with the build,

Mark.

If you want to save money, you could pickup the Enhance 5150GH 500W PSU instead, for around $70 (80+ and good quality). If you want to save a bit more, the XClio Goodpower 500W is $50 -- a good quality budget PSU.

I'd also recommend the DS3. I used over a dozen in builds for friends/family, and they work great.

BTW, you don't need DDR2-800 with an E4300. You could get a nice OC with the E4300 + DDR2-667 still. If you change the CPU, just recalculate to figure out which ram you need.

Back