Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection $17 at Amazon

Damn, I was about to bite on it but it looks like it requires Origin to activate...

Great find though, I would snatch this up in a second if it wasn't for that.

Does it allow Generals ZH to be played online with Windows 7?

Damn, I was about to bite on it but it looks like it requires Origin to activate...

Great find though, I would snatch this up in a second if it wasn't for that.

Blah, I really dislike origin. But is it just to activate or is origin required to play as well. I could settle for using origin to activate but once I'm done with bf3 I don't want that crap open and running ever again.

btw this give you early access to the next c&c game which will be origin only i think

The only reason I would buy this is if I can play Generals ZH online without any issues, it was a PITA way back when. I'll look more into it.

Bought this a while ago at Origin when it was only $20, it was worth it because I'm a fan of the series, you'll need Origin running at all times to play any of the games though, which isn't a big deal to me anyway.

Bought this a while ago at Origin when it was only $20, it was worth it because I'm a fan of the series, you'll need Origin running at all times to play any of the games though, which isn't a big deal to me anyway.

Does Red Alert 2 still work fine on windows 98 in this pack?

man I remember playing the originals on dial-up with an old friend. Childhood indeed, I loved this series .. didn't care much for the later games

Does Red Alert 2 still work fine on windows 98 in this pack?

Not sure, can't run Windows 98 on my PC and Origin isn't even compatible with Windows 98 I believe, and you need Origin to run at all times with all the games from this pack, so the answer is most likely no.

Some friends of mine were playing generals at a little lan party a few months ago.

Worked fine under a mix of Windows 7 and Windows 8. Was a blast from the past.

I remember playing the original and being blown away, full motion video on my Packard Bell 66Mhz machine, woohoo! I got chills when I'd hear stealth tanks or oblisks of light energizing.

I'm excited that there will be a new C&C game on the Frostbite 2 engine - not excited that EA has their grubby hands all over it. Free to play means it will generally not be balanced or fair. Origin sucks as well.

Too bad Westwood isn't around - they knew how to do a C&C game.

For those that have this, Is the game speed issue fixed?

When I installed off my discs on win 7, 64bit, the game speed was outrageous for the AI no matter the settings. I would get my first infantry guys "built" with no defenses and already be swarmed by the enemy.

I installed it from CD (Generals + Zero Hour) on Win7, and the game speed I "set" doing a Skirmish and had no problem, it was accurate. Doing Solo Play game it also worked fine :confused:

I then tweaked some of the INI settings for zoom, and it's much nicer on the large monitor :eek: Actually, makes the game a different beast when you can zoom out 5x more..

Does generals still allow multiplayer through origin?

I installed it from CD (Generals + Zero Hour) on Win7, and the game speed I "set" doing a Skirmish and had no problem, it was accurate. Doing Solo Play game it also worked fine :confused:

Hmm I'll have to try it again. My speed settings were nuts and I just gave up. Now that I think about it, it may have been Vista. Don't remember now....

Dammit. If only this worked in Steam.

This has been my view on a lot of origin-based games, but today bit the bullet. I grew up with the early C&C series so looking forward to playing them on my box. I think I own all of the games up to RA2 at least 3 times, but who knows where the disks/codes ended up. Now I got a digital copy:)

Back