Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Designer Diary

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
Take a look at some new information on Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, one of the most anticipated RTS games in existence.

One of the highest-profile games of 2007 is Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, the first new chapter in the landmark real-time strategy game series since 2003's Command & Conquer Generals.

I just hope EA doesn't push out a half finished product because this game does look good :)

I just hope EA doesn't push out a half finished product because this game does look good

Lets keep a happy thought.....
It is EA so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one:(
Probably full of advertising also...

It may be fun, but they live in a fantasy land over there.

I listened to the November PodCast, and one of the things said in regards to the Xbox360 version is that after the warm welcome of Battle for Middle Earth 2, it was the first time people were not begging to be able to plug in their USB KB+Mouse to play the game.... WHAT FORUMS ARE THEY READING?!?!

Sure, the control scheme was not as horrible as expected, but EVERYONE wanted to plug in a keyboard and mouse to play it. EVERYONE.

So while the game shows promise, and everything seems to be in order - remember this IS EA running the show afterall. Let's just hope their pipe dream about the Xbox version control scheme does not infest anything else about the game.

If anyone is hoping for a great game, it is me, and so far I am impressed with what I see. But stupid statements like that make me wonder what unpleasant surprises await me.

Lou Cypher said:
Probably full of advertising also...

I think I will actually cry if this happens.
The original C&C for DOS was one of the first PC games I ever purchased, and I have played every one since then.
If EA butchers a product for a target audience who just wants more of the same C&C action with updated graphics, new units and new story then there is absolutely no hope for them.

I saw the ingame screenshots, really, really great! But damn, with those graphics, I guess I really need a new rig.

Sadness. :(

Back