• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Comcast: No Plans For Usage-Based Broadband Pricing

I have no issue with caps as long as the minimum cap is 90,720,000 megabits/month, the bandwidth it takes to stream 1080p BR quality movies/tv, I am even ok with an over cap fee of $1 per 1,512,000 megabits.
 
So what you are saying is they don't force you to have their shitty router/modem combo installed?


Also I know this to be false (your comment) we have many comcast business clients who have their own modems/routers.

They force you to let them install their modem/router. They do not support you installing your own when they leave and you will get no support if it's not working correctly.
 
They force you to let them install their modem/router. They do not support you installing your own when they leave and you will get no support if it's not working correctly.

That's not true. It's location specific. Some technicians won't support their customers any more than they need to, while some will. Keep in mind that Comcast do not usually send their own technician out. They often hire contractors to do their wet work, so it's entirely depending on the efficiency of your local Comcast contractor. I have never had problems using my own modem. All they require is the MAC ID on your modem to let it talk to your service, then you're home free.

I'm not sure how the other poster was able to use his Motorola without letting Comcast know.
 
I am that other poster. IT is the current Comcast standard to not allow your own modem, that's the policy. The local technician may help some folks install their own stuff, but that's breaking with Comcast's policy.

When you plug in your own modem, after unplugging the shitty SMC one, the walled garden website comes up and you can activate the modem yourself.
 
I am that other poster. IT is the current Comcast standard to not allow your own modem, that's the policy. The local technician may help some folks install their own stuff, but that's breaking with Comcast's policy.

When you plug in your own modem, after unplugging the shitty SMC one, the walled garden website comes up and you can activate the modem yourself.

Oh yeah, that initial Comcast.net activation web page. I've completely forgotten about that. Had Comcast for awhile, so it's out of my mind. I remember that page the technicians ask you to fill out to activate your account and install the Comcast crap on your computer to get your service running (then you can remove the Comcast software). I never knew there was a modem activation page on it as well. I called in my modem's MAC ID to get it working about some 4-5 months after Comcast installed theirs. They didn't mind at all. Ship in their modem and they'll stop charging you the $7 a month lease on it, they said.
 
Back
Top