Comcast Mulls Buying Time Warner Cable

Just let me buy my own equipment and use it without a ton a restrictions.

Comcast offers Cablecards, but then you're just paying TIVO a monthly fee or paying 600 bucks or so up front for a box.

Ugh. SURELY this will be stopped by the FTC because of further monopolization. MIRITE? Anyone?:(

Comcast just implemented a cap in Tennessee

They have apparently had it in Nashville for a year or 2 as a test market.... It's really ridiculous that I can blow threw a 350gb quota so easily these days with netflix 1080p on 2 TV's, 2 computers gaming all of the time plus occasional downloads and 1080p youtube streaming constantly... Im pretty much screwed if I have a game download during my month. I think BF4 was 20+GB alone. So much fail Comcast is these days. I cant complain about the actual internet though, Ive never had any problem with it and its always 100 down.

I'd rather see TWC merge with Charter, I don't like the idea of Comcast data caps, even though I mostly surf the web and do Seti@Home data processing...

You pay $250 a month?! :O Damn dude...

Seriously. Every time I pay our $135 Comcast bill I get angry. If I had to look at a $250 cable bill every month I would straight up lose my fucking mind.

Only reason I have have it is because wife won't let us cancel the service.

Why the hell not?
It doesn't matter, they've all agreed not to compete with each other anyways, just like how AT&T got broken up into the Bells.
5 companies, no competition, fixed prices and practices, may as well be one company.

Supposedly Charter is looking to buy them as well. That would be a much better option then Comcast. The only thing that worries me is seeing al a cart plans with charter.

Supposedly Charter is looking to buy them as well. That would be a much better option then Comcast. The only thing that worries me is seeing al a cart plans with charter.
Charter is making an offer to buy TWC. TWC's stock has recently jumped in anticipation of Charter's offer.

Doesn't Charter have a 250GB cap as well? I fail to see how Charter buying TWC is preferable to Comcast.

Charter is making an offer to buy TWC. TWC's stock has recently jumped in anticipation of Charter's offer.

Doesn't Charter have a 250GB cap as well? I fail to see how Charter buying TWC is preferable to Comcast.

Charter Business has no cap or throttling. Ill find out on residential. I have TWC and they do throttle.

Wow this whole deal is like a turd buying another turd then dressing it in more turds.

Wow this whole deal is like a turd buying another turd then dressing it in more turds.

I feel otherwise. Im paying 66 a month for 20 meg down 2 up. TWC is jacking everyones prices up and if you tell them your going to cancel they just tell you to do it. It seems they have no sort of retentions department. Thats likely why they had such a huge loss of customers.

TWC just came out with the tablet deal. I upgraded my internet to the maximum speed which is 50/5. My bill dropped 2 dollars a month. Its been like pulling teeth to get the tablet they are running the promo for. Still havent got it.

I feel otherwise. Im paying 66 a month for 20 meg down 2 up. TWC is jacking everyones prices up and if you tell them your going to cancel they just tell you to do it. It seems they have no sort of retentions department. Thats likely why they had such a huge loss of customers.

TWC just came out with the tablet deal. I upgraded my internet to the maximum speed which is 50/5. My bill dropped 2 dollars a month. Its been like pulling teeth to get the tablet they are running the promo for. Still havent got it.

Trust me , as a former Comcast customer .. they are just as shitty if not more so than TWC. They are god awful in so many ways.

If this merger happens it won't be a good thing for consumers.

Trust me , as a former Comcast customer .. they are just as shitty if not more so than TWC. They are god awful in so many ways.

If this merger happens it won't be a good thing for consumers.

I know if comcast buys it that will be the case. But i dont feel that way if Charter buys them.

Any "big" company with no competition treats their clients like shit because if you want it, you've got no where else to go.
The only time TW was good to me and offered services on the cheap is when the town I was in had their own TV/ Phone/ Internet services, then they were willing to cut my bill down from $200 a month to $85 a month for all 3 services.
I said nope and went with the town's services instead, citing to TW that they always refused to cut me any slack and kept jacking up my prices at my previous address.

Any "big" company with no competition treats their clients like shit because if you want it, you've got no where else to go.
The only time TW was good to me and offered services on the cheap is when the town I was in had their own TV/ Phone/ Internet services, then they were willing to cut my bill down from $200 a month to $85 a month for all 3 services.
I said nope and went with the town's services instead, citing to TW that they always refused to cut me any slack and kept jacking up my prices at my previous address.

So all cable companies treat all of their customers like shit?
If i call twc right now and complain and threaten to cancel my service over how high the bill is then they will tell me to eat it or kick rocks. My bill goes up yearly with TWC. If you just let it go for a few years the bill will start going over 300 a month.

I like in NYC where I have a rather large pool of options to choose from and I swear TWC is going to give me a heart attack. Ping sky rockets when trying to game consistently (for the past 4 months so far), and my many complaints still haven't changed a thing. The only reason I didn't drop them yet is because I'm still waiting on FIOS, which is available the next zip code down and making its way down here (hopefully). The second when FIOS, or if possible... Google fiber hits my area, I'm dropping TWC in a heartbeat.

So all cable companies treat all of their customers like shit?
If i call twc right now and complain and threaten to cancel my service over how high the bill is then they will tell me to eat it or kick rocks. My bill goes up yearly with TWC. If you just let it go for a few years the bill will start going over 300 a month.

Depends on availability of competition.
In an area TW has no competition, the bill climbs every other month, channels get taken away and given an option to be bought back with 2-3 other channels you don't want as some new package.
Go somewhere with competition, prices stay down, service calls come on time.

I honestly don't know how TW could get worse.
A retarded chimp could run that company better.

Back