Comcast Modem Rental - Incorrect Billing

p0lish

Gawd
At my parents house, they have had Comcast Internet for at least 10years. Recently, my mom asked if i could look at the bill and see if there's anything they should remove/cancel because it's almost $200 a month. I was looking over the bill, and realized that they have been charged $5.00 for at least the past 6 months for a modem rental fee, however I personally bought the Linksys BEFCMU10 what seems like forever ago. Being not tech savvy, they never thought of anything being wrong. I know for a fact it's not Comcast equipment, however if they have been incorrectly billing them for 3years(just a guess) will I be able to recoup those incorrect fees? Anyone have any experience with a similar situation?

Thanks as always

-bill

they'll credit the account, and you'll get a couple months free if that's the case.

they should credit the account
fixed.

just make sure that your mom didnt take the modem and put in the closet for 3 years not knowing any better. if you dont actually have one of their modems, they should credit you for the error. <sarcasm> although comcast is known for its extraordinary customer service </sarcasm>, they could still just tell you to sit and spin.

Back