Comcast Dramatically Expanding Internet Usage Caps

Do you really find the cap reasonable? It's pathetic that monopolies such as comcast are able to get away with this bullshit. For the last 6 years I was happy using 100mb connection and now suddenly they want to cap me? I hit that cap in 10 days. The only reason they're doing this is because they're profits have been lowering due to loss of cable subscribers and its pissing them off. So they tried to extort Netflix but the US blocked it so now they're extorting their customers. It's fucking bullshit.

If you dont like it buy a business package or buy two of the consumer.

Or complain to the FCC that Comcast is trying to block off Netflix cause they suck at actually competing like most fat lazy broadband providers, only innovating in customer abuse.

That doesn't even make sense. It's like your car company suddenly limiting your mileage even though you pay for the damn car and it's your car.

All part of the master plan....

Hook people on streaming/downloadable content, then put in caps so they are going over all the time and paying fees or paying a much higher rate for no caps.

Saw this coming years ago and its only going to get worse.

No, you didn't. The purpose of caps is to prevent people from using streaming services, instead paying their ISP for a bundled offering of Internet access, TV service, and a landline phone. If your Internet connection has a data cap, and you're already paying for the TV service, you're more likely to just use the TV service instead of the Internet connection. You are thus locked in to the ISP's offering, and they gain a greater control of media in general.

You have it exactly backwards. Don't pat yourself on the back so hard.

More fuel to the fire:

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...ights-from-a-comcast-customer-service-script/

Golden nugget:

"If a customer calls in with any questions associated with the usage policy and how it relates to Net Neutrality, Netflix or observations about how XFINITY services are or are not counted relative to third party services, do not address these items with the customer," the script says. "Immediately escalate to the Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team."

Too obvious. Like I sad... it's about abusing their market position to kill competition in the content market, that way they don't have to innovate their fat asses out of irrelevancy there.

More fuel to the fire:

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...ights-from-a-comcast-customer-service-script/

Golden nugget:

Too obvious. Like I sad... it's about abusing their market position to kill competition in the content market, that way they don't have to innovate their fat asses out of irrelevancy there.

Bet the CSA team is staffed by like 2 people and has a wait time of 2 hours. IE. If they ask questions transfer them to a line that they will just hang up on.

Back